Thursday 11 September 2008

Good Bye Liverpool...... Hello Manchester!

I've now been back from Liverpool for a couple of days and think I have just about recovered from two days in the train station!

Science busking was great fun, thanks to everyone who came and helped out, we couldn't have done it without you especially David, Louise and Marieke. Although I've done that kind of things a couple of times before I've never done it quite so up close and with truly "household" equipment, I actually learned a lot including how to make a very scary bunny even more scary! If you want to learn how to make the wall grow, see a tame tornado or free yourself from a deceivingly simple looking knotted rope, then come along and join us all out and about busking in Manchester during the Manchester Science Festival. We'll be at Piccadilly train station on the 23, 24, 27, 28 October AND in the Trafford Centre on the 30 October, how can you miss us!

While in Liverpool I also managed to get to a session on communicating science ideas. The session was a really interesting mix of people from different backgrounds and sectors ranging from TV production to school teachers, funders to practitioners. Some great ideas were raised and it made me think about how I communicate and how we work as a festival.

Thanks to the BA for a lovely week, the chance to busk in the station and see a giant spider on the side of a building next to the station (very conveniently arranged for us I thought) although I'm still pretty sure that our expanding spider was better!

See you all in Manchester in a few weeks.

No comments: